5 Best Anti-Aging Products | Top 5 Anti-Aging Face Ingredient Tips
by Jessica Roberts
Have you ever wondered which anti-aging ingredients are not only safe but also deliver the best results? Remember what we put on our skin washes down the drain back into our environment.
When you get high percentages of the ingredients below or a mix of these ingredients you are in excellent shape to get firm radiant skin.
When you use formulas with these ingredients there are a few things to consider. Different Names for the ingredient (check ingredient label), Percentages that produce results (if they are not listed, call the company), Store Price (Spa Price) & Results you get?
Top 5 of the Best Anti-Aging Ingredients:
1) Vitamin C – Different Names: ascorbic acid, l-ascorbic acid OR ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin c ester) Percentages: 10% or higher, you must buy l-ascorbic or ascorbyl palmitate Do Not Buy: ascorbic acid it is not as effective due to its large size the skin cannot absorb it and then use it. Results you get: Brighter skin less pigment / blocks melanin from forming, collagen and elastin growth equals less wrinkles / deep lines, scar healing, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory great for acne, exfoliating, studies have shown vitamin c to act as an additional 3-10spf. The sun leaches vitamin c from our skin when too much vitamin c is leached the skin begins to burn, burns lead to cancer and premature aging. The sun will go for your topical vitamin C first if you wear it blocking harmful rays and age spots from forming. Store Prices: $30-$150 (Spa Prices: $75-$200) *Remember most vitamin c formulas last 3 months, after that they are toxic! Some formulas are stable and have a longer shelf life up to 2yrs.
2) Peptides – Different Names: ARGIRELINE (Acetyl Hexapeptide) – is a wrinkle inhibitor reduces pre-existing wrinkle depth and relax facial tension. LEUPHASYL (Pentapeptide-3) – Compliments Argireline by modulating muscle contraction, reduces depth of wrinkles around the eye and forehead areas. OCTAPEPTIDE (Acetyl Glutamyl Heptapeptide-1) – Extends and lengthens the muscle under tension reduces wrinkle depth. Matrixyl 3000 (Palmitoyl Oligopeptide & Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3) – Helps stimulate new Collagen I, III & IV and Elastin. TRIPEPTIDE (Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate) – temporarily relaxes the muscle, keeping it from contracting and thereby smoothing wrinkles, Copper Peptide. Percentages: 5% or more, some over the counter formulas such as Olay Regenerist are low percentages of peptides don’t be fooled by a cheap price tag! Results you get: Peptides have been shown to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by 50-70% over 3 months of use. Muscle Toning & Collagen and Elastin growth. Store Prices: $20-$200 (Spa Prices: $75-$200+)
3) Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Natural Peels) – Different Names: glycolic acid – from sugar cane, lactic acid -from dairy products or honey , tartaric acid or pyruvic acid – from grapes, malic acid- from fruit, citric acid from citrus fruits, kojic acid from mushrooms. Percentages: home care: 1-5%mild-medium, 5-15%medium-strong, it is best to start your skin slowly with a lower percentages. (15%-70% clinical strength-recommended 1-4x a month) Results you get: clearer skin, less acne, less pigment, smaller pores, firmer collagen and elastin growth, scar reductio, increase in spf by 2-4, deeper product penetration with a breakdown of the skins natural barrier, fast skin cell turn over more like it was when you were a baby, the faster your skin cells shed the younger you look, with more new cells are on the surface making your skin glow! When studied fruit acids work best as a mixture each one works differently. Choose a 2-4 acid blend for the best results! (example: glycolic, lactic, malic & kojic) also get kojic or pigment fighting acids in everything this will combat melanin which makes uneven skin tone & age spots. Price: $25-$200
4) DMAE Different Names: DMAE Bitartrate, Dimethlaminoethanol Percentages: At least 3%-10% to be effective. Results you get: You will see less sagging and tighter skin. This will tone your muscles each time you use it like a mini work out for your face. This makes the results cumulative, they will not fade quickly. When your face is in good shape it stays lifted! It is a naturally occurring substance in our bodies and is also present in fish, especially salmon. Price: $20-$200, it is best to combine with other ingredients.
5) Hyaluronic Different Names: Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyauronate Percentages: There are no specific percentages to follow with this ingredient, it is a good thing to have in your products at whatever percentage is used. Results you get: Balanced moisture levels, Independent studies have shown that hyaluronic helps the skin to hold 1000 times its weight in water, this makes the skin look plump. A large factor in older looking skin is inadequate moisture, wrinkles and lines look deeper when they are dry, think dry lips and you will get the idea. Price: $45-$100