After Waxing or Sugaring – What to know
- Clothing wear loose clothing for bikini’s & brazilian’s and other large waxed area, friction equals ingrowns and irritation. NO skinny jeans, leggings or tights ladies.
- Be Gentle the first 24-48 hrs! When you get home shower and use our Organic Pure Cleanse or a very gentle/neutral facial cleanser to clean the area, harsh soaps or scrubs can cause hives, breakouts & ingrowns do not over stimulate the skin. Moisturize the area with Squalene Oil, Organic Aloe Gel or Manuka Honey to sooth and heal the first few days.
- Exfoliate 24 to 48 hrs after treatment to prevent the build up of dead skin cells which can cause ingrown hair. We recommend Walnut Scrub, Pumice Scrub or Scrub Gloves.
- Healing the waxed ares will need to heal for 24-48hrs. You may see redness similar to a light sunburn, red speckling where the hair root was removed, and very rarely hives. The skin is slightly more tender than usual to the touch. If you have been waxing for a long time or have remarkable skin you will have zero healing it may only take a few hours.
- Avoid scented lotions and perfumes, as well as all Alpha Hydroxy products for 48 hours. Treat your skin like it has a minor sunburn think aloe gel, squalene oil & manuka honey.
- Use After Care your recommended products to prevent ingrown hairs will save you from unsightly scaring. Soak: Dead Sea Salt soak for first 24-48 start with a shower then fill sink with cold water use 2-4 tablespoons salt get clean towel soak up the salt solution apply cold compress to area. Exfoliate: Walnut Scrub, Pumice Scrub or Scrub Gloves in the shower. Moisturize: Smooth Waxing Balm 2-7 times per week this will exfoliate and soften the skin so the hair can reach the surface.
- NO HOT showers, baths, hot tubs, sun exposure for the first 24 hours. Again think minor burn your follicles are healing each one needs to close up.